Wallet stuck in loop

Discussion in 'VeriTalk' started by VeriDoge, Apr 20, 2017.

1. VeriDoge

VeriDoge @Veridoge Veri Dedicated

Hey guys, I've got a problem with my wallet.

It's been a while since I've opened it, definitely the first time this year. So of course it has the loading bar at the bottom to get into sync with the rest of the blockchain. It takes a few hours and when it's done it says 15 connections or whatever and sort of looks fine, except it then starts trying to load the blockchain again from where it left off when I first loaded it up, saying it's out of sync.

I've tried rescanning the wallet and reloading blockchain and turn the computer on and off and try it again but it doesn't work. Any ideas on what might be wrong and how it could be fixed would be really appreciated, thanks!

2. Ernie_C

Ernie_C ☆ Verified ☆ Forum Staff

If all else fails, save a copy of your wallet.dat file in a couple of other places like in a folder and on a USB drive and then uninstall your old wallet and download the latest one (1.6.5.5) directly from vericoin.info

3. VeriDoge

VeriDoge @Veridoge Veri Dedicated

Thanks. I gave that a go but that's not working either. I'm getting this error when I try and load it up:

upload_2017-4-21_21-39-36.png

It didn't seem to uninstall properly first time, when I reinstalled it just went straight back to the loop thing. I uninstalled again and there was still a vericoin folder in the program files x86. I deleted that, and the vericoin in %appdata%. Then I reinstalled again and deleted the default wallet.dat and put my original one in instead.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

4. Vishera

Vishera @Vishera310 Forum Staff

I think something like this or something similar to this happened to me once before. It's something about not uninstalling the wallet correctly, because even after you uninstall the wallet, you have to go into the old folder and delete specific file because if you install the wallet again it's going to not get the right wallet backup or something goes wrong.