VeriCoinForums.com landing page

Discussion in 'Forum Updates' started by ScottAllyn, Jan 30, 2015.

1. ScottAllyn

ScottAllyn ¿ʇɐɥʍ VeriAwesome

I'd really like to see the news page be the landing page for the site instead of the forum list. That change combined with a bit more "newsy" content might help with the google rankings. Right now, when people search for "VeriCoin News", barabbas' and altcoinuk's anti-VeriCoin thread ranks higher than this site.

2. Vishera

Vishera @Vishera310 Forum Staff

Do what you have to to get us the higher ranking on Google list.

Jeff.Masse likes this.
  3. veryveriviral

veryveriviral VeriCoin Marketing/PR/Media Forum Staff

Yup. I mentioned that in the beginning.

That said there should be a clear Forums indicator for those that want to, well, easily enter the forums.

1. SEO will come naturally over time. I wouldn't worry about that too much right now.

2. We can't use BS tactics to boost SEO rankings. It's tacky.

3. The main VeriCoin website could use an update to better include VeriCoin related News etc. *It also wouldn't hurt to kill dead/less important links.

4. Once we know - for certain our mining pools and faucets are legit - we can set up better links with them. And them us. (Same for VeriCoin.info).

Jeff.Masse likes this.
  4. ScottAllyn

More clear than "Forums" in the navigation menu? :D

If you want to experiment with this, you can make it happen with the following changes:

Admin Panel->Options->Basic Board Information->Index Page Route:

articles/​

Admin Panel->Options->Basic Board Information->Home Page URL:

https://www.VeriCoinForums.com/forums/

[✔] Link Logo to Home Page URL​

That last setting will ensure that clicking on the Logo returns the user to the Forums list rather than the news page.

The forum was setup this way shortly after I moved the news from VeriCoinNews.info to these forums but a lot of people complained about the logo returning them to the portal/news page instead of the forums (as they'd grown accustomed to), so it was set back to the way that it's been for the past few months. The checkmark toggle has been added to control that, so it might be worth trying it again.

Ernie_C likes this.
  5. veryveriviral

veryveriviral VeriCoin Marketing/PR/Media Forum Staff

I'll def try this out.

Two things.

1. Will this affect the Forums Tab in the wallet? (Or is it simply a different link?)

2. Is there a way where we can have the ability to click on the header... that brings us to the forums... but the landing page of VeriCoinForums.com will display the News?

3. Is that what you just mentioned above? lol

6. ScottAllyn

1. The wallet will also initially load the News, which I don't view as a bad thing at all.

2. This is exactly what will happen if you go with the settings I showed above.

3. See #2.

Jeff.Masse and veryveriviral like this.
  7. Stakers

Stakers VeriNew

Are any minimum for the staking wallet if the wallet is staking where are those funds should it appear after each 8 hours

8. souljah1h

souljah1h infinite potential Forum Staff

Hi @Stakers What is your question exactly?

You can earn rewards after 8 hours, how many and how fast you are getting rewards depends on the amount you hold.